Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hola Madrid!

First part of the journey was not that bad. At least the flight part wasn't that bad. I left O'Hare at 9:00 pm on Tuesday January 11th and Arrived In London at 11:00 London Time which is roughly 5:00 am Chicago time. The flight went smoothly I had a window seat and was seated next to a man who was traveling to Venice and then Paris. We chatted for a little while before take off and then we were served dinner which was your quality airline food product. Although mom would be proud I ate PART of the salad (haha). The other plus to this flight was that there were other students on board headed for Madrid to do the same exact tour that I am doing. Once we got to Heathrow (which is the MOST confusing airport EVER!) we boarded our flight to Madrid and the last leg of this trip was coming to an end. On board this flight was about 30-35 of the 80 kids participating on the Madrid Tour. As the plane began to fly lower to the ground you began to see mountains pop up through the clouds it was breathtaking! When we land in Madrid everyone is excited to explore the city and see how amazing it is. This is where the only hiccup of the trip occured and it's a pretty big one. At Heathrow they for got to load my bags onto the connecting flight. However I was not alone because this happened to about 75% of the tour I am currently on. After dealing with that frustration we all headed to the hotel to see our rooms and begin checking out Madrid. We had dinner at about 8 and then at 9 a bunch of us went out for Tapas which is Spains version of happy hour,  it was a lot of fun and I got to meet the people on my tour! Tomorrow we are going to go on a walking tour of Madrid and hopefully I will have my luggage so I can upload some amazing pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment