Monday, April 18, 2011

Jávea, Altea, Denia and the preparation for my Spring Break

          My program USAC went on our final group trip on Saturday to an area along the Costa Blanca a few towns called Jávea, Denia and Altea. They all were beautiful with rocky coasts and gorgeous views of the Mediterranean, when we got to Jávea we walked along the coast and then went on a small hiking trip to the top of a small mountain where the overlook was beautiful. After that we went to Denia and we ate lunch at a restaurant called El Port where we were served a mountain of food, salad, bread, grilled vegetables, spanish tortilla, paella and ice cream. After eating that mountain of food we went and spent an hour on the beach play volleyball and Frisbee and some girls were just laying around on the beach. Then after that we went to Altea and walked up to a beautiful church where we had more views of the Sea and actually walked past a bride and groom taking pictures on their wedding day. After that we just returned to Alicante where I enjoyed a delicious meal and spent some time with my host family. Then i headed out to the barrio to watch the Real Madrid vs. Barcelona soccer game, a huge event in Spain.
       Also this week started Semana Santa and on Sunday we saw a few of the processions and they were amazing. Although some of the costumes were similar to what we would call KKK costumes they really were amazing and the floats that the people carried had amazing images of Jesus and the passion and the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I'm really excited to see some of the other processions and the main processions on Wednesday and Thursday. Also this weekend is the beginning of my Spring Break Trip. On Saturday I'm flying to Venice, Italy and I will be there for 4 days, after that I'm flying to Paris, France for 5 days and I am ending my trip in Edinburgh, Scotland for 6 days and then I'm going to fly back to Alicante. Where i'm going to be visited by my Aunts! Hope you guys are all doing great back in the US of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment